Well, Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but February is the month of LOVE and how you celebrate LOVE. One of the best questions to ask yourself is “How do I show me, I love me?”
Ok, so that can feel selfish. I get it. However, this is what I have learned through the years…when I love myself well I do a much better job at loving others. So, what exactly does this look like? Self-care, self-love it may seem so foreign. But in reality it’s doing simple things for yourself that bring YOU great joy.
Here are a few of my favorite February LOVE gifts or activities that I am giving to me!
1. Meditation – Spending quality time each morning in silence! During this hour I study my Bible, pray and meditate. This time supports me in reconnecting with the Holy Spirit, opens my mind to the possibilities of the day and prepares me for my day ahead.
2. Rodan+Fields Lash Boost – Yes, I am in love with my beautiful longer, darker, and fuller looking lashes, which have been nourished with Biotin, keratin, and peptides.
3. Handwritten notes! Do you love to receive a handwritten note in the mail? I sure do. Holding a note written for me signifies that the sender took the time to carefully choose the words to say just to me. So this month, I am going to write me a note. AND I am going to use my favorite, Anne Nielson Angel note cards for my love letter!
4. Loft sweater...this sweater is super soft and comfy. It is a lightweight, slightly oversized and great for travel!
5. Vital Proteins Collagen is the perfect addition to my supplements for my skin.
6. Exercise – I had lost the motivation to move every day, but recommitted to myself at the end of 2017 to move this body and sweat every day. Once again the desire is to live healthier, take care of me, and give my skin the best chance of being clear!
7. Have you noticed my dark circles? I hope not because they are disappearing thanks to Rodan+Fields Bright Eye Complex. This serum is perfect for under your eyes to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness! My under eye area loves the extra hydration from this product!
8. One of the best and worst parts of being a yoga teacher is living in and loving yoga pants and shirts! I love these Athleta pants and shirt. I wear the shirt for yoga and as a cami under sweaters and sweatshirts. The fabric is super soft and moisture wicking. The perfect combination.
9. Personal development and self-learning have been a part of my transformation. Recently, I participated in a book club that read and discussed The Ennegram by Ian Cron. So I am an #2 which I love the best of me and cringe at my deadly sin! So much learning going on as to WHY I make decisions! OOHLALA…I see continued growth opportunities for me.
10. Pens…I love having lots of pens and especially brightly colored pens. I know this sounds silly but sometimes I believe having a variety of choices in pens stumps my production…which pen, color do I choose in the moment. I am de-cluttering this year so I made the decision to keep this set of pens. They write smoothly and offer the colors I love, especially the pink!
As you can see, not all these items cost money or are tangible. A gift of time with nothing to do, exercise, reading, etc…can be a gift just for you. It honors your divine and gives you space for you.
What would be the one thing you would love to gift yourself this month? Would you like to sit and read a book or go for a walk? Is it a massage or a beautiful new sweater? Or maybe you would love to sit and handwrite some notes. What is it?
Why not, celebrate you with a gift you will love and will bring you great joy!
Celebrate YOU and Shine Bright!